Documents Required for Exporting Hazardous Materials

In our country, hazardous materials are imported and exported daily due to the risk involved in not using or managing them properly. For this reason, their commercialization is not the same as that of other products and requires certain guidelines to be followed.

To know which materials fall into this category, the UN has classified nine classes, each with subdivisions:

  1. Explosives
  2. Gases
  3. Flammable liquids
  4. Flammable solids
  5. Oxidizing agents and organic peroxides
  6. Toxic and infectious substances
  7. Radioactive materials
  8. Corrosive substances
  9. Various/Miscellaneous

On the other hand, regarding the documents required to obtain authorization for the export of hazardous materials in our country, they are as follows:

  1. Authorization for the export of hazardous materials (original and copy).
  2. Valid insurance policy expressly providing sufficient coverage to deal with any contingencies that may occur during the transportation of the product (original and copy).
  3. Receipt of payment for the insurance policy (original and copy).
  4. Document containing prevention and emergency response measures (original).
  5. For individuals, valid official identification of the applicant: voter ID card (INE), passport, professional license, or military service card (original and copy).
  6. For legal entities, articles of incorporation whose corporate purpose covers the activities it intends to carry out* (original and copy).
  7. Representation of individuals must be evidenced by a simple power of attorney signed before two witnesses (original and copy).
  8. To prove the representation of legal entities, a notarized power of attorney* (original and copy).
  9. Proof of payment of fees (original).

What is the cost of this process?

The reception, analysis, and authorization of the hazardous materials export application have a cost of $1,689.00 MXN.

Where can I carry out this process?

You can carry out the process online or in person at Citizen Contact Spaces (ECC) distributed in the 31 Federal Delegations of SEMARNAT in the states.

If you need advice on the type of transportation for exporting your products, consult our freight forwarder department. We have a team of experts in national and international transportation and logistics.

Follow us on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter for more content and information about imports and exports.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *