What is household goods?

The people who move from one country to another require a specific type of relocation service, as they must cover an import/export process. In these cases, it is ideal to have the support of a customs agency.

According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, household goods are considered to be items used, including:

“The household goods and furniture of a house that are exclusively and properly used for the ordinary use and treatment of a family, such as clothing, books, bookshelves, works of art or science that do not constitute complete collections for the installation of exhibitions or art galleries, scientific instruments of professionals, as well as tools of workers and artisans, provided that they are essential for the development of the profession, art, or trade.”

These operations, regardless of whether they are imported (entering the country) or exported (leaving the country) by foreigners or nationals, require the preparation of a customs declaration through a Customs Broker.

Consular Representatives may certify the list of household goods for:

Mexicans who have resided abroad for a minimum period of six months,

Foreigners with permanent resident status for permanent importation (definitive and duty-free)

Foreigners with temporary resident status and temporary resident students for temporary importation.

To learn about the requirements for Mexicans and foreigners, visit this site here.

We are the most reliable, transparent, secure, and prepared customs agency in Mexico, where you can trust us with your household goods operations and logistics.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter for more content and information on Foreign Trade!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *